A child psychology program learns the mind, societal and emotional development of children. If you love working with kids, do consider a profession as a child psychologist who understands, prevents, diagnoses and treats developmental, cognitive, social and emotional issues of a child.
Potential Career Path in following industry: Assistant in Childcare Centers, Counselors in Pre School, Nursery, Child Psychologist, Childcare worker.
- Minimum 16 years old
- 2 ’O’ Level credits, (OR)
- Nitec, Higher Nitec or equivalent, (OR)
- WSQ Certificate (any framework), (OR)
- Mature Students (minimum 30 years old with 8 years of working experience)
- Language proficiency: GCE O Level English C6 and above, or minimum IELTS 5.5
Course Commencement Dates
Please click here for the list of dates.
Structure and Duration
- 8 Modules
- Minimum 12 months, Part-time
- 2 evenings per week, 6.45pm – 9.15pm
- Full-time study is not available
The following types of direct assessment methods are used as evaluation tools for each module:
- Assignments (60%)
- Mid-term Exam (20%)
- Final Exam (20%)
Assignments may consist of Multiple choice, True/False, Short answer questions and written assignment such as essays, Case Studies, Critical Reviews and Research Papers.
- Achieve a minimum 24 credits and earn at least a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Students will be conferred Specialist Diploma in Child Psychology upon completion, awarded by Arium School of Arts & Sciences.
Kindly refer to the Payment of Fees page
Teaching Staff & Student-Teacher ratio
For complete list and profile of our lecturers, please click here
Average Teacher-Student ratio is 1:45.
I’ve learnt more about how kids mind works and more knowledge in the modules I’ve taken. I find the counselling module very interesting. I like the classroom environment. I got the chance to learn and discuss with my classmates who has the same interest as me. The lecturers are all very knowledgeable and friendly. I choose ASAS because they have good feedbacks from students. They offered the course I wanted.
Students must complete 1 core and 7 electives
ASAS does not offer all the subjects listed below each semester or each year. Certain subjects may be offered on an alternate-year basis or as determined by demand. Check with our consultants on the availability of the subjects: http://asasedu.com/contact-us/