Human Resource Management
- Course Title: Human Resource Management
- Course Prefix/Number: PSYC 350A
- Credit Hours: Three (3)
- Description: This module introduces learners to Human Resource Development. Learners will understand the concepts, processes, and practices that form the basis of successful HRD. This course serves as a comprehensive introduction for individuals who have had limited or no coursework or experience with HRD. With completion of the module, individuals will become more informed consumers of the HRD efforts offered by their organizations and find themselves more ready to design and deliver training /HRD activities.
- Student Learning Outcomes*:
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
|1. Describe the roles and competencies of HRD professionals.
2. Discuss the influences on employee behavior using psychological theories and models.
3. Discuss the key learning theories, strategies, and styles
4. Discuss strategies to maximize learning
5. Apply processes and strategies to Assessing HRD Needs
6. Apply processes and strategies to Designing effective HRD program
7. Critique the various methods of Implementing HRD program
8. Apply frameworks and strategies to Evaluate HRD program
9. Discuss key processes & strategies to apply HRD in:
a. Coaching & Performance Management
b. Organization Development & Change
c. Onboarding: Employee Socialization and Orientation
- Grading Scale: Your letter grade in this course will be determined by calculating your score on all assignments and exams as a percentage of the total possible score, on a standard grading scale:
|Your Letter Grade
||Your Score as % of Total
As part of the requirements, students must complete short assignments based on these studies. There will be 2 assignments, each attracting 20% of total course grade.
Assignment (Essay) 20%
Students are also required to turn in an essay assignment.
Guidelines for the essay assignment:
- Word limit: 1500 – 2500
- The assignment should be typed using Times New Roman, 12-point size, double spaced, and 1″ margins.
- The assignment should be edited for spelling and grammar.
- References to be provided using the APA guidelines.
There will be a Final exam. The exam will be based on material covered in the textbook readings and lecture notes.
- Course Outline
- Influences on Employee Behavior
- Learning and & HRD
- Assessing HRD needs
- Designing Effective HRD Programs
- Evaluating HRD programs
- Organizational Development & Change
- Onboarding: Employee Socialization
- Implementing HRD Programs
- Coaching & Performance Management
Enquire more about this program: