- Module Title: Behavior Modification
- Module Prefix/Number: PSYC 385
- Credit Hours: Three (3)
This course aims to address principles, procedures, and assumptions of behaviour modification, with applications to normal and abnormal human behaviour. The course will cover effective behaviour modification procedures in situations where someone wanted to learn a new skills, behave differently, manage difficult behaviours, or eliminate a bad habit.
- Student Learning Outcomes:
|By the end of this course, students should achieve the following Learning Outcomes
|1. Learn concepts and theories of Behaviour Modification/Behaviour Therapy:
||1.1 Understanding the fundamental basics of Behaviour Modification and therapy skills that are applicable in the real world.
|2. Apply these concepts and theories through:
||2.1 Analyzing own and others’ individual and group behaviour.
|3. Connect concepts and theories to real world issues and events through:
||3.1 Applying reading material to discussion exercises, research, and personal experience.
- Grading Scale: Your letter grade in this course will be determined by calculating your score on all assignments and exams as a percentage of the total possible score, on a standard grading scale:
|Your Letter Grade
||Your Score as % of Total
As part of the requirements, students must complete short assignments based on these studies. There will be 2 assignments, each attracting 20% of total course grade.
Assignment (Essay) 20%
Students are also required to turn in an essay assignment.
Guidelines for the essay assignment:
- Word limit: 1500 – 2500
- The assignment should be typed using Times New Roman, 12-point size, double spaced, and 1″ margins.
- The assignment should be edited for spelling and grammar.
- References to be provided using the APA guidelines.
There will be a Final exam. The exam will be based on material covered in the textbook readings and lecture notes.
- Course Outline
- Introduction to Behavior Modification
- Observing and Recording
- Stimulus Control
- Prompting & Transfer of Stimulus Control
- Behavior Chaining
- Behavioral Skill Training Procedure
- Negative Punishment
- Positive Punishment
- Promoting Generalization
- Habit Reversal Procedure
- Token Economy
- Behavioral Contract
- Fear & Anxiety Reduction Procedure
- Cognitive behavior Modification
Enquire more about this program: