Workshop style with presentations, collaborative approach to discussion and application of concepts and skills. Videos and role plays with case discussions and applications will be utilized. The course is developed as 2-days sessions, total 16 hours.
The target audience for the course should comprise of learners with an English Language (speaking, reading, writing and listening) proficiency level equivalent to the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level (‘O’ Level).
The professions that may find the course useful include:
- Social Workers / Case Managers (including those of a Senior Grade)
- Counsellors (including those of a Senior Grade)Para-counsellors
- Social Work Assistants / Associates
- Allied Educators / School Counsellors
- Healthcare Professionals
- Programme Coordinators / Managers / Executives
- Those interested in improving their counselling skills
- Understand addiction as a chronic illness.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of various addictions
- Explain the effects of substance and behavioral addictions
- Describe the behaviors and coping mechanism of people with addictions
- Understand advanced treatment options that may be utilised to better engage in therapeutic work in Singapore
- Awareness of available community resources to help people with addictions.