People in Organisations
- Module Title: People In Organisations
- Module Prefix/Number: T/503/7078
- Credit Hours: Three (3)
- Description :
This module incorporates two strands of theory which impact on people in organizations and their management.
Firstly, the lecture programme reviews developments in organization theory which contribute to existing knowledge and understanding or organization goals, controls, structures, processes and organizational effectiveness.
Secondly, the lecture programme develops by incorporating contemporary organizational behaviour theory and its implications for the management of people in organizations.
- Student Learning Outcomes: At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand communication practices within organizations.
- Understand the principles of effective teamwork.
- Understand the issues associated with remote working.
- Understand the structures designed to support people within the workplace.
- Be able to review the impact of workplace practices on people within organizations.
- Grading Scale: Your letter grade in this course will be determined by calculating your score on all assignments and exams as a percentage of the total possible score, on a standard grading scale:
|Your Letter Grade
||Your Score as % of Total
As part of the requirements, students must complete short assignments based on these studies. There will be 2 assignments, each attracting 20% of total course grade.
Assignment (Essay) 20%
Students are also required to turn in an essay assignment.
Guidelines for the essay assignment:
- Word limit: 1500 – 2500
- The assignment should be typed using Times New Roman, 12-point size, double spaced, and 1″ margins.
- The assignment should be edited for spelling and grammar.
- References to be provided using the APA guidelines.
There will be a Final exam. The exam will be based on material covered in the textbook readings and lecture notes.
- Course Outline
- An Overview of Organizational Behavior
- The Changing Environment of Organizations
- Foundations of Individual Behavior
- Motivation in Organizations
- Motivating Employee Performance Through Work
- Motivating Employee Performance Through Rewards
- Foundations of Interpersonal and Group Behavior
- Using Teams in Organizations
- Communication in Organizations
- Traditional Models for Understanding Leadership
- Contemporary Views of Leadership in Organizations
- Power, Politics and Organizational Justice
- Managing Stress and the Work-life Balance
- Foundations of Organization Structure
- Organization Design
- Organization Culture
- Organization Change and Development
Enquire more about this program: