The Advanced Diploma of Arts aims to provide students with specialized area of studies in Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Liberal Arts.
Specialized area of Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Minimum 16 years old
- ’A’ Level credits or equivalent;
- or WSQ Level 4 Qualifications;
- or Diploma from a Private Education Institution;
- or 12 Years of formal education in home country;
- or Mature Students (minimum 30 years old with 8 years of working experience)
- Language proficiency:
- GCE O Level English C6 and above
- or minimum IELTS 5.5
- or PTEA 45
For mature students, the language proficiency will be assessed by the school on a case-by-case basis
Course Commencement Dates
Please click here for the list of dates.
Structure and Duration
- 16 Modules
- 2 years, Part-time, 6.45pm – 9.15pm
- Full-time study is not available
The following types of direct assessment methods are used as evaluation tools for each module:
- Assignments (60%)
- Exam (40%)
Assignments may consist of Multiple choice, True/False, Short answer questions and written assignment such as essays, Case Studies, Critical Reviews and Research Papers.
- Earn at least a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.3.
- Students will be conferred Advanced Diploma of Arts upon completion, awarded by Arium School of Arts & Sciences.
Kindly refer to the Payment of Fees page
Teaching Staff & Student-Teacher ratio
For complete list and profile of our lecturers, please click here
Average Teacher-Student ratio is 1:49.
This program has broadened my horizon and has exposed me to a variety of perspectives. The biggest take away from this course is the ability to view situations from a wide spectrum of perspectives learnt over the course of this program. I liked the small size of the classes and the seminar style lectures which ASAS provides. I choose ASAS over the many other education providers mainly due to the flexibility of its courses as well as wide variety of electives it offered. The opportunity to customize modules to fit my individual interests and needs was also greatly appreciated.
Students must complete 8 subjects each year which include the 3 Core subjects and choose 13 subjects from the list of Electives. For the List of subjects for Advanced Diploma of Arts click here.
Click here for syllabus information.
ASAS does not offer all the subjects listed below each semester or each year. Certain subjects may be offered on an alternate-year basis or as determined by demand. Check with our consultants on the availability of the subjects: http://asasedu.com/contact-us/